Since I already had the wipes the next step was to find a recipe for a solution. I searched the web and my favorite DIY blog and eventually landed on this website. I liked it because of all the different recipes it had to offer. I ended up adjusting the basic wipes solution a little to my own liking.
Basic Wipes Solution:
- 1 Tbs. Liquid Castile Soap (I used Dr. Bronner's Unscented Baby-Mild)
- 3 Drops Apricot Oil (Burt's Baby Bees)
- 2 c. water (or more as needed)
I put mine in an old wipes container that has a hole for the wipes to continuously feed through, but with cloth wipes I was concerned I would have to be digging in the hole just to get the next wipe. Being the problem solving wizard that I am, I folded the wipes so that they interconnect and as each wipe is pulled out the next one is partially pulled through and ready for the next time I need it. It takes a little more time on the front end but is well worth it when the little man is wiggling around and I need a wipe ready.
So there you go. I've finally fully embraced the world of cloth diapering!! I hope to also make a few of my own wipes from flannel or plain cotton.