Vintage

Friday, March 25, 2011

Exploring the Natural State

Well I'm finally getting around to sharing the rest of my spring break adventure. My husband's parents have only been to Arkansas a few times and have never been able to really get to see much other than our house. So we took them somewhere different every day and had a blast. I'm a little exhausted but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. So you already know we went to Altus. Here is the rest of our Arkansas Adventure.

Day 2: Mt. Magazine State Park
We ate lunch at the Lodge and walked around for a while.
Mt. Magazine Lodge
View from the top


Day 3: Historic Fort Smith
We walked along the Riverfront Park, visited the Judge Parker Museum, and stopped by the Fort Smith Museum of History for an old fashioned soda at the 1920's soda shop.

Day 4: Petit Jean State Park
We hiked down to Cedar Falls and had a lovely picnic lunch by Lake Bailey.
Cedar Falls at Petit Jean
I have so much more planned for the next time the In-Laws come to town. Living out of Arkansas for a while has made me appreciate all the fun things to do here and made me remember why I loved them so much as a kid. I am so excited to be able to share many of the same memories with my little bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment