Vintage

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cloth diapering on the road

So we are gearing up for our first major trip other than moving since our baby bear was born. One thing that has been a major debate is whether or not to cloth diaper while we travel. Ultimately I decided to stick with the cloth for the trip. We'll see if it ends up being a wise decision.
In preparation I did some research on other cloth diaper moms had to say about traveling. Basically their tips were to bring all the diapers you think you will need and then some more. The next step is bringing the washing supplies and stuff to put dirties in. I decided to bring our pail liner and two wet bags. We will be in the car for several hours so we'll see how well these bags keep in the stink. The other major concern is where and how to launder. It's thing to be able to wash in my own laundry room and hang up covers to dry and deal with the odor of hot water on dirty diapers, but either washing in a laundry mat or at someone's house is another story. Thankfully we'll be staying with or near family who will graciously allow us to use their facilities.
So my diaper bags are packed and I am ready for the adventure that surely awaits me. I'll be sure to report back with how cloth diapers to go succeeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment