Vintage

Saturday, July 2, 2011

DIY Dishwasher Soap update

Well I finally got around to actually trying my homemade dishwasher soap and the verdict is...
It worked great!
I put a heaping tablespoon in my soap dispenser and ran the dishwasher like normal. I was a little skeptical since I had heard other people's recipes didn't always come out great, but this particular concoction did just fine. 
In case you missed it, here's the recipe.
1 c. Borax
1 c. Baking Soda
1/2 c. Citric Acid
1/2 c. Kosher or Sea Salt
Use vinegar as your rinse agent.
Combine all ingredients in an airtight jar, shake up, and seal.

That's it!

2 comments:

  1. Instead of the citric acid, I use Lemi Shine (which is pretty much the same thing). Lemi Shine is the best thing ever if you have hard water. It's the only thing that I've found that takes the white film and gritty feeling off of everything from glasses to silverware. We have really hard water and we've had huge issues with our water. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a few recipes that use that. Where do I get it?

      Delete